The International Conference “Africa 2019 – Water Storage and Hydropower Development for Africa”, will be held in Windhoek, Namibia, April 2nd to 4th 2019. A Special session on sustainable water storage to meet water, food and energy development goals will be organised and managed under the auspices of IHE Delft and S-MutiStor project. IHE Delft is an international supporting organization of the conference.
The session will be chaired by Miroslav Marence (IHE Delft, Delft, The Netherlands) and Luca Ferrini (Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit, GIZ, Niamez, Niger) and will include five presentations covering all three S-MultiStor river basins:
- A. Rodriguez, G. R. Santos, G. A. Corzo, H. A. Angarita, J. Delgado: Holistic methodologies for the estimation of environmental flows in Colombia from a comparative perspective.
- Su Su Hlaing, Cho Cho Thin Kyi: Environmental Flows in Myanmar: Assessment of Environmental Flows in Myitnge River Basin.
- M. Uamusse, E. Pondja, C. Nhantumbo, K. M.Persson: Hydropower plants in remote area in Mozambique: The impact of rural electrification provided by mini-grids in Manica.
- Ferrini, Nora Van Cauwenbergh: When can local knowledge help reduce vulnerability? Insights from multi-purpose infrastructure in the Niger Basin.
- S. Stähly, M.J. Franca, D. Tonolla, M. Döring, C.T. Robinson, A.J. Schleiss: Increase of hydraulic habitat diversity downstream of dams with sediment replenishment and artificial flooding.